Friday, February 6, 2009

No Jokes, No Puns, Coke is EVIL!



Translation: "Enemy of the Mind"

Apparently, Russia hates Coca-Cola so much, that someone has taken it upon themselves to release an Anti-Coke propaganda 12 month calendar.  (via English Russia)

Now, I consider myself to have a pretty good mind for politics, and to that end, I think I've got a good perspective on the business world, and it's intricate and subtle idiosyncrasies.  My limited knowledge of Russia and it's systems notwithstanding, I'd assume it's a bit harder to get something published in Russia than it is here; I'd assume there's a level of government scrutiny involved.

Basically, what I'm getting at is such; how many people in a chain of artists, editors, managers, and political watch men can you find who see absolutely nothing wrong with this:


Translation: "Obey!"

But I mean, beyond all the strangeness involved, the art work is pretty fantastic, but then again, I'm a sucker for illustration.

Update: I just contacted my source for all things  Russian. Apparently, everyone in Russia drinks Coke.  Strange.  I hope I'm not uprooting some serious political scandal meant to usher Western values and products out of Russia, starting with soft drinks.  If I disappear, I'll be sure to send post cards from the Gulag.

No comments:

Post a Comment