Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Molest

So this is more proof that I am getting old and mellowing out.  It's not that I don't find this video funny, because I do.  On a conceptual level, I'd assume the marketing agency that came up with this idea got the exact reaction out of me that they wanted, but at some point there's a disconnect.  I know people who were victims of childhood abuse, and I'm pretty sure they would laugh at this, and I also know some suburban soccer moms who would flip their lids at this, while having absolutely no empathic experience.

But the disconnect lies in the fact that I think someone who's sick enough to possibly molest a child would find this hilarious.  I mean, just like stupid babies and idiot little kids who believe in Santa Claus and The Toothfairy, even though all logical signs point to the contrary.  A child molester, who, by the way, would be typically outclassed by stupid babies and idiot little kids, doesn't need an excuse for their behavior.

Especially one as fucking hilarious as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment