Monday, February 9, 2009

Funny Games (U.S.)





Last night I think I lost my shit. I watched the original 1997 Funny Games followed by the 2008 U.S. remake then Cache (Hidden). I'm really starting to think I may be completely in love with Michael Haneke. If you're into fairly slow moving films with heavy themes of guilt, fidelity, sexuality, violence, consumerism, etc., then I highly recommend the films of Michael Haneke. Mother fucker can shoot a movie.


Also, Michael Haneke never seems to use music in his films unless it is actually happening in the event. There are like two scenes in Funny Games, the one above with this ridiculous John Zorn song (whats up drewwwww) and the opening of the movie as the family drives to their vacation home and try to guess which cd is put on.

Starting points:
- The Piano Teacher
- Cache (hidden)
- Funny Games (U.S. or original. Both are literally the same. I kinda prefer the German version as I'm not familiar with the actors and I'm not sitting there thinking, "Oh god, Naomi Watts is so fucking hot when she's half naked and crying.")

No comments:

Post a Comment