Friday, November 27, 2009

The Boy From Pennsyltucky.

Often times, I find myself under the influence of marrjuana with a pen in my hand writing furiously until I've sobered up. I'll usually reread this work shortly after completing it, to find it hilarious and poignant. Generally the next day, the reality sets in, what I wrote about is technically proficient, creatively astounding, but the content is generally too nuanced to be appealing. On the other hand, when I write sober, excluding extremely rare cases, I find my work to be boring, much like the work of a draftsman. The elements are there, but lacking any kind of freedom. So today's experiment will go as such: I have an idea in my head; I've never been in a relationship during the Holidays.I've never kissed much more than a stranger on New Years Eve, and my birthday has always been without embrace. So as of right at this moment, 5:32PM on November 27, 2009, I am sober, and besides a little bit of heartburn, in relatively positive spirits. At this point, I will set down the computer, light up a joint, and see where I can take this concept, forged in sobriety, and hopefully tempererd with an enlightened mind.

It is now 6:54, and as I had taken into account this posibility, I had assumed my awareness of this possibility would have made it moot. Unfortunately I was wrong. I was quickly sidetracked by my incessant hunger. I decided that a gourmet cheeseburger was the solution to my immediate ill, and ignored my obligation. So now, I'm home from the bar, half soused, all the way high. Because of the duration of my tryst from duty, I had to re-up my motivation. So I'm now beyond effected by the whimsy that is the mind under the influence of THC.

Home, hours after one should have been working, high as a skyhook, filled with fried quale egg and garlic mayo topped burger, watching Gremlins 2; that is my only reality now.

As for the thought experiment...enough data has been collected to make a hypothesis, there is not enough experimentation to compose a theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment